WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lemon Veal Schnitzel with Chunky Chips and Garlic Aioli

A particular favourite here in this house is crumbed veal.  While it may not hit the top of the list of my favourites, the men of the house always give it the thumbs up.

I saw this in an advertising promotion for Alfa One Rice Bran Oil in the latest edition of Good Food Magazine.  I have used Rice Bran oil quite often, and must say I quite like it.  Usually I cook my oven baked chips in olive oil, but I must say these ones, cooked in the rice bran oil were quite crunchy for oven baked chips!!

Of course I utilised my old friend Thermie, to make the breadcrumb component of the dish, and also to make the aioli.  In fact using Thermie almost makes this recipe too easy, almost unworthy of blogging.  Saying that though, the flavours of the breadcrumbs and the garlic aioli I think makes it worthy!!!



Lemon Veal Schnitzels with Chunky Chips 
Adapted from Alfa One Rice Bran Oil Advertisement

Serves 4

800g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into thick chips
Alfa One Rice Bran Oil
1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbs finely chopped chives
rind of 1 lemon
4 veal schnitzels
1/3 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbs milk

Garlic Aioli
2 cloves garlic
2 eggs
1 tbs dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
300ml Alfa One Rice Bran Oil

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.  Toss together the potato chips and a good slurp of rice bran oil.  Place the potato on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper, in a single layer.  Bake, turning occasionally, for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.

To make the breadcrumbs place the bread in the TM bowl and process for 8 seconds on speed 7.  Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl.  Place the lemon rind (that has been removed using a vegetable peeler) and the chives in the TM bowl.  Process for 3 seconds on speed 7.  Add to the breadcrumbs, and mix well to combine.

Season the flour and place in a large plate.

Mix the egg and milk in another large plate.

Dip the veal into the flour mixture, then place in the egg wash.  Press the veal into the breadcrumb mixture.  Set aside until ready to cook.

To make the aioli

Place the garlic in the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 9.  Scrape down the sides with a spatula.

Insert the butterfly.  Place the egg yolk and mustard into the TM bowl.  Mix for 1 minute on speed 4.

With the blades rotating on speed 4 (and with the MC in place) slowly drizzle the oil onto the lid.  Add the oil at a steady rate.  This should take between 4-6 minutes in total.

Once the mixture has thickened add the egg white and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.

There you have it - one of the favourites in our house - it may not be gourmet - but it always goes down a treat!!!!

So what else did Thermie get up to this weekend?  Pea and Ham Soup.



Orange Cake, grating cheese, and then he helped my with the prep for Chicken Quesadillas!!  You see I keep my little "apprentice" quite busy!!!





3 comments:

  1. I love using Alfa One bran oil for my cooking too. These schnitzels look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grating cheese? My goodness its one special kitchen hand! (lucky i have my 3 yr old :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love aioli! Makes everything taste so good.

    ReplyDelete