WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me and my Blog!!!!

Imagine my surprise today when I came home from a lovely day out to find this beautiful cake sitting on my doorstep.


The Cake Woman Extraordinaire had come to pay a visit - kind of like the tooth fairy really, but very unexpected though - perhaps I shall have to start calling her The Cake Fairy Extraordinaire (CFE)!!!!

Can this day get any better?

I started the day off with a little "me time".  Went to the "panel beaters" to get a bit of life injected back into the hairdo (read between the lines - eliminate gray hairs!!).  Then it was off to lunch!!  Mr. CCC was taking me for a seafood extravaganza by the water - the only hiccup was that it was raining - but one can overlook such minor technicalities if one has to.

So what is the big occasion you ask???  Well today is a milestone - in fact this week is a milestone.  CataCanCook, the blog, turned 1 year old!!!! and I, the author turned the big 50!!!!  So it's Happy Birthday to me and my Blog!!

Thank you to all my readers that have followed me during the past year. It has been a fun and rewarding experience for me.  I have made lots of new friends along the way, and I hope that the next year brings more of the same!

Thank you so much "CFE" for the lovely cake - you have made my day with your thoughtfulness!!!



9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic surprise - that would make anyone smile! I love the 'cake fairy' name best. Happy Birthday to you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy birthday. So great that you were taken out for lunch. And that cake...oh my! What a great treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you liked the cake. And well done on one year of your blog, love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very impressive cake!! Congratulations Cate and congratulations CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cate! And you cake maker is so talented!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Cate - can you email me your email address as I've lost it...doh! Just confirming details for next Saturday with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks amazing! Almost too pretty to eat! Happy Birthday to you (I definitely would have never guessed you were 50! Well done!) And Happy Blog Anniversary too! Here's to many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay happy birthday!!!!! I still don't believe that you're 50. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! What a beautiful cake too.

    ReplyDelete