WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Muesli Slice

In a baking mode the other day I made several things to include in the kid's school lunch boxes.

It's not easy filling boys and it's not easy keeping track of all their likes and dislikes (of which there are many!!)  So often I will have to have several options, and remember who doesn't like which, or else I'm in trouble.  Can you believe one of "The Darlings" hated" the Banana Chocolate loaf I made the other day - see what I am dealing with here???  I tell you I am just about ready to trade the lot of them in and advertise for a new family - one who loves food!  It seems at the moment the simpler the better is our way of eating.  Do they grow out of this, and if so WHEN???? - Or do they just become fussy men?

Anyway, if you are looking for something to give them when they come in from school, or something to throw into the lunch box - here is a good option.



Muesli Slice

1 cup untoasted museli
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup coconut
125g dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
185 butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1 egg

Preheat oven to 180C

Lightly grease and line a lamington tin ( 28cm x 18cm) with baking paper

Mix the muesli, sifted flour, oats, coconut, apricots and sugar together in a bowl.



Melt the butter and golden syrup together over low heat, pour into the muesli mixture.  Stir in the lightly beaten egg, mix all ingredients well.



Spread into the prepared tin.



Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.

Allow to cool in tin.  Cut into squares or slices.


I got two out of three that liked it - Mr Fussy wouldn't even try it!  Kids!!

So Dear Readers do you have fussy eaters in your house, how do you deal with it?  Are you continually making several meals/alterations a night?  And more importantly do you have any advice??

1 comment:

  1. With just te two of us there isn't really a need to make multiple meals nor time! I can't imagine doing that but then again I don't have kids so perhaps that may change! :)

    ReplyDelete