WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A day of fun with the Thermomix

Did you all catch Iron Chef Australia last night?

Did you see them using the Thermomix?  What was it they said - something like Thermomix is new to Australia, but not new to Chefs!!  Well look out all you chefs out there - the secret is out, and we home cooks will soon be turning out food as good as you!!!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the day using a Thermomix - my kitchen literally turned into a test kitchen for the day!  What fun we had too!

Today's posting is going to be a tempter of things to come - there is no way I can share all the recipes with you in one posting, but I will tease you with the things that we made in just a few short hours!!



We started off making a Capsicum and Sun Dried Tomato Dip

Then, rather than washing out the bowl we added a few more ingredients and made a salad dressing from the last remnants in the bowl.


We then proceeded to make 2 kinds of stock - a concentrated vegetable stock (that will last for 6 months in the fridge!!) and also a chicken stock.


We turned a block of parmesan cheese into grated parmesan in a matter of seconds!
























                               We made mayonnaise......


Then we made home made nutella, which we then turned into home made Ferrero Rocher Chocolates!!



For lunch we made ourselves a risotto

Another dip was on the menu - this time Rocket and Macadamia Nut



We turned raw sugar into icing sugar in a couple of seconds

























Then to finish off we made a vanilla custard - but I forgot to take a picture!!!!!!

Can you believe that we did all that in a few hours!!!

The Thermomix is truly an impressive little machine - but don't be fooled by its size - it is a mighty little workhorse - and the bowl will hold enough to make a risotto that will feed 6!

As I said this is a just a little teaser.  I need to sit down now and fully compile the recipes that we tried out yesterday.  Some were experiments (that maybe didn't work as well as we had hoped they would) - but they just need a little fine tuning and they will be perfect!

I urge you to take a look at the Thermomix if you are a serious cook - they make life so much easier.  This is only a tiny sample of what you can do with one.

If you are interested in finding out more please contact me and I can put you in touch with a consultant who will come to your home and give you a demonstration (and sample) of what the mighty Thermomix can do!!!

And no - we did not consume all this food ourselves in one sitting!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know that if I try one, I'll want to buy one lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for encouraging me to be more adventurous with my thermy

    ReplyDelete