WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stroganoff Style Baked Chicken

You know me, always on the lookout for something that is easy to prepare - something you can make ahead and leave cooking in the oven and return home and have minimal work to do when you get in.

This one looked pretty good.  Only a few steps in the method - few simple ingredients - let's give it a go!!



Stroganoff Style Baked Chicken 


Serves 6


12-15 drumsticks (according to needs)
1 tbs hungarian sweet paprika
2 cups chicken stock *
2 cloves crushed garlic
240g - 400g cherry tomatoes 
200g button mushrooms, halved  **
150ml sour cream
2tbs snipped chives


Preheat oven to 180 degrees C fan forced.  Lay the drumsticks in a large 3L flat casserole dish.  You may wish to remove the skins from the drumsticks if you like.  Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika. Turn the legs making sure there is paprika on both sides.  Sprinkle with the crushed garlic.  Pour over the chicken stock.


Baker for 40 minutes, turning the chicken once during cooking.


After 40 minutes arrange the tomatoes and mushrooms on the chicken.  Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, and the chicken is cooked.


Transfer the chicken to a plate, and keep warm.  Add the sour cream to the pan, stir to combine.  Return the chicken. sprinkle with chives.


Serve with Risoni pasta and a salad.

* Now, let me tell you - I actually added more chicken than the recipe said - but I didn't add any more stock to the recipe.  I found that it had too much liquid - what I would do next time is start with only 1 cup of stock, and add more if needed.  I actually even tried to reduce the liquid on the stovetop before adding the sour cream.

** The recipe said to use truss tomatoes, but a) they are more expensive than cherry tomatoes, and b) the stalks made it harder to serve - - they looked great presentation wise - but I would say just use cherry tomatoes.  I used nearly double what the recipe called for - that could have been why mine had so much liquid - but I felt you needed them for the flavour.

Let me know how you go with this one - the family all gave it a thumbs up - the flavour was there - but I think it needs a little tweaking with the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment