WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Double Choc Chip Oatmeal Cookies

On a wet Sunday afternoon what else is there to do but bake???

Having received my prize this week from Good Taste Magazine  (the Baker's Secret pack consisting of a cookie tray, bundt tin, and dessert moulds) I was inspired to bake.  My first thought was to make a bundt cake, but then settled on Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This recipe came to me via an email several years ago.  I can't quite remember the story - but it was one of those urban myth type emails about Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies.  Me being me, just went with the recipe!!  This recipe makes a serious amount of cookies - but if you have kids hanging around waiting for them to come out of the oven this won't be a problem!



Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Makes about 60 cookies!!

250g butter, softened
340g chocolate chips (milk or dark)
2 cups plain flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
250g white chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Note: You can also add 1 1/2 cup chopped nuts.  I personally don't add the nuts I think they are fine with just the chocolate chips.

In a food processor blend the oatmeal until finely ground.

In a mixer beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.

Add the eggs, vanilla, flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda.

Add the chocolate chips, (and nuts if you are using them) and mix well.

Roll approximately a dessertspoon of dough into a ball and place on a cookie tray that has been lined with baking paper - about 5cm apart.



Bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes (check after 10 minutes and move the trays around so they brown evenly) they should be lovely and golden.

Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer with a spatula to a cooling rack (and try and keep the vultures off them!!!)



And the verdict is .......

                                            Everyone is happy!!

PS - Check out the latest edition of Good Taste magazine - I am on the Reader Taste Testing Panel (I won a fondue set!!!) - I tried some good recipes - you might like to give them a go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment