WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Leftovers" Pizza

How to turn a loser into a winner!

Well as you have read - the Slow Cooked Sicilian Lamb was not a winner - not in it's first life anyway!!!

Last night it was resurrected - and became a star in it's own right! It made the best pizza!!

I am not one for "second day lamb" - I think it develops a flavour of it's own (and not in a good way) - just a personal taste mind you - so it was with trepidation that I attempted the "lamb pizza". Being the creative little soul that I am, I thought a bit before embarking on this.

So what did I do.... I cut the slices of lamb into shreds, then gently pan fried them up with a very generous splash of red wine and garlic until the red wine had virtually all gone - this softened it up beautifully, and also helped to disguise the "second day lamb taste". I then caramelised 2 onions with a balsamic and maple sauce. The "leftover smashed potatoes" were placed in the oven to crisp up, and all was ready to go.

So the pizza was - tomato sauce, lamb, sundried tomatoes, caramelised onions, then the crispy potatoes, topped off with parmesan cheese and a small amount of mozzarella. YUM! Who said you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!! They obviously haven't tasted one of my "leftovers pizzas"!! For those in the know - I won "letter of the month" in the current edition of "Good Taste" with my "leftovers pizza" letter. (That wasn't what the letter was about - but with creative editing that is what they made it - who cares I WON THE BAKEWARE!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment